The McGlaughlin house is the oldest dwelling in
Marlinton. It is located on 4th Avenue near the Marlinton Train Depot.
S. Stewart photo
Seven years ago, a hand-hewn pioneer log cabin was
discovered inside another residence near St. John Neumann Catholic Church,
in Marlinton. Upon further inspection, members of the Pocahontas County
Historic Landmarks Commission found that the cabin was built by Squire Hugh
McGlaughlin in 1850 and is known as the oldest existing house in Marlinton.
story in the Pocahontas Times